The combination of banana and peanut butter is one of the best. An, if your kids (or you!) enjoy chocolate milk every now and then, this banana chocolate peanut butter smoothie makes a special after-school smoothie treat.
Its also easy to turn this tasty banana chocolate peanut butter smoothie treat into a nutrition powerhouse by adding a tablespoon of Chia seed. Chia is a natural seed that adds a large measure of nutrition including omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Unlike Flax, Chia doesn’t have a noticeable taste of its own so adding it here won’t change the delicious results.
In your favorite blender mix:
– 1 large or 2 small ripe bananas (or frozen bananas TIP if using frozen, peel and slice BEFORE FREEZING!)
– 2 cups very cold chocolate milk
– 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Start with only 1 cup of milk and blend, then add more till it reaches the consistency you like, sprinkle with chocolate shavings or banana slices if you like, and serve. (Serves 2)
Here’s a couple of tips:
– Try using frozen bananas in place of fresh; they provide a good cold base. Just be sure to peel and slice them BEFORE freezing!
– The amount of milk added often depends on the size and texture of the banana.