The first benefit of a banana coffee smoothie is that you can save time by having your whole breakfast in a single glass! Just kidding of course but this combination of a banana, maybe the most used ingredient in all of “smoothie-dom” and coffee is a very tasty way to begin your day. As a plus, its also very easy to make so there isn’t a lot of fussing around first thing in the morning.
In your favorite smoothie blender mix:
- 1 large frozen banana, peeled and sliced (TIP: peel and slice BEFORE freezing!)
- 1 tsp. instant coffee crystals (coffee flavor yogurt will work too)
- 1-2 cups milk (your choice, low or no fat, 2%, whole, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Sweetener to taste (honey, stevia, etc.)
- 1 tbsp. Chia seed for lots of nutrition
Put everything into the blender and mix until it reaches the consistency you like. Serve in a glass and garnish with a dash of nutmeg for a little added interest!