Bok Choy is a Chinese cabbage. It is another of the Asian vegetables and fruits that have been used in traditional healing for hundreds, if not thousands, of years. Besides “Bok Choy” it is also known as “Pak Choy”.
Bok Choy is a very good source of vitamins A, C, and K and provide smaller doses of B6. It will also provide a wide range of minerals including Calcium, Potassium, Manganese, Iron, Magnesium, and Phosphorus.
Bok Choy is very low in calories and no fats or sugars.
If you like cabbage, you will love Bok Choy!
The problem is that not that many of us will go out of our way to get a good cabbage meal! Yet it is good for us and deserves a place in our diets if for no other reason that for variety.
In that spirit, here is a smoothie recipe that used Bok Choy as an ingredient but includes a number of other ingredients that mask the cabbage taste!
This is also a very “green” recipe as well.
In your favorite blender mix:
- Head of Bok Choy
- half a small beet, peeled and sliced
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Blueberries
- 2 Peaches, pitted and sliced
- Ice to taste (Tip: use filtered water to make your ice cubes to avoid tap water taste)