Butternut Squash Cinnamon Smoothie recipe:
This is another of the recipes that use several ingredients and so take a bit more time to create. But, as always, the resulting smoothie is well worth the little extra effort.
A great smoothie for fall.
Here are some factoids about squash you may, or may not know:
- The Botanical name for the plant is “Cucurbita” which is latin for gourd
- There are eight different types of squash:
- Butternut (used in this recipe)
- The name “squash” comes from “askutasquash” which means “a green thing eaten raw” in the Narragansett language.
In your favorite blender mix:
- 1 1/4 cup roasted butternut squash (or 1 cup canned)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup large dates
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk (almond milk works really well)
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. Chia seed
- Ice to taste