Bananas are a supporting player in countless smoothie recipes but here it is a featured player in a Banana Apricot smoothie recipe that is really satisfying.
Apricots are, in some ways, an “under the radar” fruit. While they don’t have the popularity of a other fruits like berries they shouldn’t be discounted. For example, what other fruit has been immortalized in a popular song: “You walked into the party like your were walking onto a yacht/Your hat strategically dipped below one eye/Your scarf it was apricot…”. For the younger set, the song was written and first performed by Carly Simon in 1972.
Anyway, try this Banana Apricot smoothie, I think you’ll like it.
- 1 full cup Apricot Nectar
- 2 frozen banana, peeled and sliced (TIP: Peel and slice BEFORE FREEZING!)
- 1/2 cup low or reduced fat milk
- 2 oz. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. Chia seed (Optional)
- Ice to taste (if you don’t freeze the bananas, you will probably use more)
This recipe makes enough for both you and a friend.
Banana Apricot Smoothie
No, the picture has nothing to do with a Banana Apricot smoothie but I had to share it.