This post workout smoothie recipe comes from the website Prevention.com.
It is considered to be a post workout smoothie because of:
- The beet will reduce inflammation and improve blood flow
- Kale really does live up to the hype, providing a large number of minerals and vitamins to support your physical exercise
Plus, this simple smoothie tastes really good too!
In you favorite smoothie blender mix:
- 1 cup silken tofu (confused about the difference between regular and “silken” tofu? Follow this link for the facts)
- Half a cup frozen (or fresh) cranberries
- Half a medium sized beet (roasted or raw)
- Half a medium cucumber
- 1 cup kale
- 1 orange, peeled and quartered, or half a cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 stalk of celery
Blend until smooth, then enjoy!
Post Workout Smoothie
Here is a mixed veggie and fruit Kale smoothie that again shows how flexible any smoothie recipe can be. As is, this is a really tasty and “green” mix. But, if you find the taste of Kale too harsh substitute another leafy green such as baby spinach.
Its also easy to turn this Kale smoothie treat into a nutrition powerhouse by adding a tablespoon of Chia. Chia is a natural seed that adds a large measure of nutrition including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Even better, unlike Flax, Chia doesn’t have a taste of its own so adding it won’t change the results.
In your favorite blender mix:
Handful of Kale (or another leafy green, such as spinach) leaves
1 cup seedless purple grapes
1 Apple, peeled and cored. Your choice of type
large pinch of cinnamon
2 Tsp. of Stevia, Agave Nectar or Organic Honey
1 Tbsp. Chia seed
Optional: A few shakes of pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg to add a more complex flavor
Kale Smoothie – A Green Recipe
Here is a quick addition to our Kale smoothie collection. I call it a healthy green kale smoothie because it is all that and even more. In addition to healthy Kale the recipe includes both banana and pineapple to smooth out the Kale’s sometimes sharp taste.
This is a pretty easy recipe to build and I am sure you will enjoy the results.
In your favorite blender mix:
- One cup chopped Kale
- Half cup pineapple juice (we had some Trader Joe’s juice that worked well and wasn’t full of sugar and other stuff)/li>
- 1/2 cup pineapple (diced)
- Cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- Frozen Banana, peeled and sliced (TIP: peel and slice BEFORE FREEZING)
All ingredients go in the blender at the same time then mix until smooth. The result is a healthy green kale smoothie I think you’ll like a lot.
Easy and Tasty Healthy Green Kale Smoothie
Despite all the health benefits of kale many just can’t come to enjoy the taste. I myself have also had to force down smoothies with either too much kale or too little other ingredients from time to time. But this kale apple smoothie includes just enough fruit to take the edge off the kale and create a fully satisfying smoothie experience.
Try it for yourself and see if you don’t agree!
- 3/4 cup chopped kale. TIP: remove the stems and ribs for a smoothie drink
- 1 celery stock. The one we used wasn’t huge and we chopped it up to lessen the load on the blender
- Half a good sized frozen banana, peeled and sliced. TIP: Peel and slice BEFORE FREEZING!
- Half a cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Ice to taste. If the banana isn’t frozen you will probably want more ice
Everything goes into your blender at the same time. Mix until smooth and enjoy!
Kale Apple Smoothie
Of the 800+ recipes we have here by far the most viewed are the recipes that include Kale. To add to the Kale smoothies already here we now add the following Kale banana smoothie recipe.
Like most smoothie recipes it is pretty simple to make and offers a lot of nutrition in a very tasty format.
In your favorite blender, mix:
- 1 previously frozen banana, peeled and sliced (TIP: Peel and slice BEFORE FREEZING)
- 2 cups Kale, chopped for easier blending
- Half cup soy milk
- Tbs. flax or Chia seeds (we prefer Chia but both are very good nutritionally)
- Tsp. maple syrup
Put everything into the blender at the same time and mix until smooth.
Kale Banana Smoothie