A corn smoothie is obviously made with corn. Amaze your friends with these corn facts!
- Corn (0r “maize” if you prefer) is more widely grown in the Americas than any other crop.
- Corn is technically a grain but is most often used in food as either a starch or a vegetable.
- About 40% (130 million tons) of the corn grown in the U.S. is used to produce ethanol fuel (and you wondered why food prices keep going up)
- The amount of land given over to corn production in the U.S. is estimated to be over 87 million acres
- When grown wild, the corn plant is about 12 feet tall but commercially grown corn plants have been bred for a height of 8 feet.
But enough facts, here is your corn smoothie recipe:
2 1/2 cups frozen corn
2 cups low fat vanilla Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. honey (if you are using this recipe for a smoothie diet, replace the honey with a lower calorie sweetener)
Ice to taste