Both Kale and Avocado are versatile enough to be equally at home in a salad, dip, or even in a smoothie recipe. This example of a Kale Avocado smoothie includes both Orange and banana for body. It almost defines the word “healthy” and is quite tasty too.
Our recipe also suggests Chia seed as an optional ingredient. Chia is a remarkable seed. Like flax, it contains a great deal of nutritional value including omega-3 fatty acids that fight cholesterol and are good for the heart. However, unlike flax, doesn’t need to be ground before using which makes it easier to use. Also unlike flax, Chia has no real describable taste of its own so adding it to the recipe isn’t going to change the results at all.
In your favorite blender mix:
- One avocado, sliced for easier blending
- 4-5 Kale leaves (some think Kale is a “sharp” taste. Feel free to substitute baby Spinach leave or a half and half blend if you pefer>
- One Orange, peeled and slcied
- One previously frozen banana (be sure to peel and slice the banana prior to freezing)
- Two cups almond milk
- One Tbsp. Chia seed (optional)