At its heart, a low calorie fruit smoothie is pretty much like all other smoothies except the calorie content is kept down by either using low calorie sweeteners or no sweeteners at all and depending on the natural sugars in the fruit ingredients to do the job.
That is what happens in this very traditional strawberry banana smoothie recipe. No sweeteners to load on calories, just the very tasty and low calorie ingredients themselves. Easy to make and a pleasure to enjoy.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (slice for easier blending)
- 1 previously frozen banana (peel and slice it BEFORE freezing!)
- 1 cup vanilla low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice (more or less, to your taste)
- 1 Tbsp. Chia seed (optional)