If you have tasted Macadamia nuts before you already know that they have a creamy, buttery taste and a very light texture. True, they do have a deserved reputation for being high in fat but most of that fat is monounsaturated or “good”. On the plus side of the nutritional ledger, a Macadamia nut has -0- cholesterol. So, overall, there is no real reason not to enjoy this easily made Macadamia nut smoothie.
Note: some lower powered blenders won’t be able to completely blend the nuts and will leave a few chunks but don’t let that stop you from enjoying your creation!
In your favorite blender mix:
- Handful Macadamia nuts (8-10)
- 1 previously frozen banana (peel and slice before freezing)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (or coconut water if you prefer)
- Half a cup shredded coconut
- Half a pitted Avocado
- Pinch of cinnamon
- (Optional) Sweetener of your choice