A different sort of apple smoothie celebrating fresh apples mixed with bananas and strawberries to create a wonderful mixed apple smoothie treat for 2 or 3 people.
Its also easy to turn this mixed apple smoothie treat into a nutrition powerhouse just by adding a tablespoon of Chia seed. Chia is a natural seed that adds a large measure of nutrition including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Even better, unlike Flax, Chia doesn’t have a taste of its own so adding it here won’t change the delicious results.
In your favorite blender mix:
- 1 large granny smith green apple, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 red delicious apple, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (about a dozen)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cold apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Chia seed
- 2 frozen bananas (TIP: peel and slice BEFORE freezing!)
Everything in the blender at once and mix until it reaches the desired consistency. If you need to thin the mix, add some more apple juice.