This Orange Lime smoothie mix just might a perfect way to begin any day. Oranges, Limes, and strawberries play very well together and render a very refreshing taste treat.
Its also easy to turn this Orange Lime smoothie treat into a nutrition powerhouse just by adding a tablespoon of either Chia seed or Flax seed. We prefer Chia because it adds a large measure of nutrition including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Even better Chia doesn’t have a taste of its own so adding it here won’t change the delicious results. That said, there are any number who prefer Flax and it will work perfectly.
In your favorite blender mix:
- 1 large orange, peeled, sectioned and seeded (or 2 tangerines)
- 1 lime, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup light yogurt (plain or vanilla is recommended)
- 1 tsp either Chia seed or Flax seed
If the resulting smoothie mix is too thick, simply add a few ice cubes and blend again until it reaches your preferred consistency.