Simple and delicious full of Vitamin C and more, this Orange smoothie makes a perfect breakfast smoothie. Very easy and quick to make.
Its also easy to turn this Orange smoothie treat into a nutrition powerhouse just by adding a tablespoon of Chia seed. Chia is a natural seed that adds a large measure of nutrition including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Even better, unlike Flax, Chia doesn’t have a taste of its own so adding it here won’t change the delicious results. But Flax seeds have their fans too so don’t hesitate to substitute if you wish.
In your favorite blender mix:
- 1 cup cold orange juice (as always, using fresh ingredients will make the resulting smoothie taste even better)
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup almond milk (or other low/no-fat milk option of your choice)
- Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 frozen bananas peeled and sliced (TIP: Peel and slice bananas BEFORE FREEZING)
- Optional: Tablespoon Chia or Flax seed
If you haven’t frozen the bananas ahead of time its perfectly fine to use fresh bananas. However, if a cold drink is your preference then a few ice cubes will need to be added to the mix.