Summer is the best time of year for anybody who loves citrus fruits. They are tart, tangy and just about the most satisfying thing you can drink on a warm summer day. The most popular types of citrus fruit are:
All citrus is acidic to one degree or another and contain the most antioxidants. And citrus family fruits also has the standard compliment of other vitamins and minerals that keep us healthy and on top of our game.
But, really, it is the summer taste of citrus fruit that makes this smoothie recipe so good. On a hot day I don’t think there is anything better than a cold citrus fruit drink to refresh and recharge.
In your favorite blender mix:
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice (fresh if you have it)
- 1/2 cup Grapefruit Juice (Fresh squeezed if you can. Its abut 1/2 a normal side Grapefruit)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- (optional)1 Tbsp. Chia seed