This post workout smoothie recipe comes from the website Prevention.com.
It is considered to be a post workout smoothie because of:
- The beet will reduce inflammation and improve blood flow
- Kale really does live up to the hype, providing a large number of minerals and vitamins to support your physical exercise
Plus, this simple smoothie tastes really good too!
In you favorite smoothie blender mix:
- 1 cup silken tofu (confused about the difference between regular and “silken” tofu? Follow this link for the facts)
- Half a cup frozen (or fresh) cranberries
- Half a medium sized beet (roasted or raw)
- Half a medium cucumber
- 1 cup kale
- 1 orange, peeled and quartered, or half a cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 stalk of celery
Here is another really good smoothie recipe featuring Kale. You might want to try this one too.
Blend until smooth, then enjoy!