Any smoothie worth being named the “Wake Up Smoothie” had better deliver the goods and this one does.
In general smoothies are a good start to any day because they offer an easy and tasty way to get so many fruit nutrients into your body (veggies too, if you want) before the day gets away and you end up eating something that is probably very tasty but not nearly as good for you.
Even better, this recipe is dead-simple to make so no real early morning thinking is required.
In your favorite blender mix:
- One previously frozen banana (TIP: Peel and slice before freezing)
- One cup Strawberries (Fresh if available, Frozen works great too)
- Two tablespoons Chia seed
- One Cup Orange Juice (NEVER EVER from concentrate!)
- Juice from a half a lime (don’t scrimp here, this is what makes it a Wake Up Smoothie!)
Everything goes into the blender at the same time then blend to your preferred consistency.