Another really good example of a healthy mixed fruit smoothie. This banana blackberry smoothie offers a lot of taste and nutrition in one easy recipe.
Its also easy to turn this tasty smoothie treat into a nutrition powerhouse just by adding a tablespoon of Chia seed. Chia is a natural seed that adds a large measure of nutrition including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Even better, unlike Flax, Chia doesn’t have a noticeable taste of its own so adding it here won’t change the delicious results. You can order your own Chia just by clicking on the link in the recipe.
In your favorite blender mix:
– 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
– 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
– 1/2 cup of frozen banana chunks
– 1 teaspoon of Chia seed
– 1 tablespoons of lemon juice with a teaspoon of lemon zest
– Add a tablespoon of honey if you want to add a sweet touch – or use vanilla yogurt