Banana yogurt smoothie recipes come in a lot of variations and a lot of them are a great way to start the day. Bu this recipe aims at the other end of the day as a dessert. Adding a bit of vanilla ice cream (or frozen yogurt) turns it into a reasonable dessert recipe.
If you choose, you can also add a tablespoon of Chia seed to the mix for a punch of nutrition as well. Chia seed has a very wide nutritional footprint including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Also, unlike Flax, Chia doesn’t have any taste of its own so adding it won’t change the results of the recipe.
In your favorite blender mix:
▪ 2 previously frozen bananas (peel and slice before freezing)
▪ 1 cup cold soy milk, or milk of your choice
▪ 1 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
▪ 3 tablespoons of Vanilla Ice Cream
▪ ½ cup ice
* 1 Tbsp. Chia seed(Optional)