We originally started making smoothies ourselves it was out of simple curiosity. But we soon realized that smoothies can help promote a much better diet and help to prevent heart disease and all sorts of other conditions too.
So, this post is not really about smoothies but it is about how to be a healthier person, live longer, and just be a happier person! We hope you enjoy it.
Easy Ways to Prevent Heart Disease
Even though heart disease is among the leading causes of death of adults in America, it may be halted in its tracks with a few preventive strategies making all the difference. Even if heart disease is a part of your family history, as the result of aging, or perhaps something that is more common in your gender, there is still a lot you can do to prevent heart disease.
Heart disease is an always critical condition with the ability to greatly lower your quality of life and in the end frequently leads to death. To prevent heart disease it’s important to do all that you can to build up resistance to the condition through healthy life style choices you can implement right now, today!
With the following uncomplicated strategies, you are taking positive actions to prevent heart disease and safeguard yourself and your loved ones.
Despite family history and various other factors not in your control, the best thing you can do for yourself is to always maintain a healthy heart. Good heart health hinges upon several different factors such as the following:
• Frequency and intensity of physical activity
• Your daily diet
• Taking good care of yourself
• Lifestyle decisions like drinking alcohol and smoking
How you treat your body is often a critical consideration in whether or not serious health issues develop. Some life style choice activities, such as smoking, drinking , and using other drugs have been proven time and again to damage your heart muscle tissue and raise your potential for developing heart disease.
Diet decisions like routinely indulging in a high fat, high cholesterol diet and also an absence of physical exercise likewise have been proven beyond reasonable doubt to cause damage to your heart by clogging the arteries and weakening the muscle.
Just like your other muscles, the heart must have a regular workout to stay healthy, and too many people neglect to participate in a 30 minute cardiovascular workout at the very least once a week.
Healthy Heart Strategies
To develop a healthy heart it is important to alter your lifestyle in some way. Doing too much or not enough can be harmful but discovering the right balance of work and rest can lead to much better heart health. The following are the top methods to promote heart health and prevent heart disease:
• Cut Smoking cigarettes and Tobacco Use Out of Your Life Forever: The chemical substances contained in tobacco make it one of the top risk factors for developing heart disease. Either inhaled as smoke or chewed, tobacco damages both your heart and your blood vessels, which can lead to atherosclerosis, or narrowing of the arteries.
When the arteries are narrowed, it makes it much more difficult for your heart to move oxygen rich blood through the body. Over time, this additional work weakens the heart muscle and leads to a heart attack and death. Cigarettes and their smoke also include carbon monoxide, which will actually replace the oxygen in your blood which will also cause your heart to work much harder to do its natural tasks.
This can lead to significant deterioration of the muscle and increases the risk of blood clots. The good news is the changes you can make to promote heart health and prevent heart disease are both easy and very successful:
• Participate in Regular Exercise: Most people think that they don’t have time for exercise during the work week but think of how much time you’ll have recuperating from a heart attack! Participating in 30 minutes of ANY exercise that increase your heart rate will do wonders for your heart and also for your state of mind.
Regular exercise boosts your heart rate which helps strengthen muscle and reduce any strain on the heart. Frequent exercise will also help control weight, decreases the chance of developing hypertension, diabetic issues, high cholesterol levels, and much more.
• Build and follow a Heart Healthy Diet: Certain foods just aren’t great for your body. They have no nutritional value, include sky-high levels of sodium and cholesterol all of which increases your chance of contracting heart disease. Creating a heart healthy diet not only reduces the strain on your heart but also helps to control weight and live longer.
Include these heart healthy foods to your diet to get the best results:
• As many fruits as possible
• As many Veggies as possible
• Lean cuts of meat for protein
• Whole Grains
• Low Fat Protein: Fish, chicken and turkey
The Good News About Heart Disease
To sum up, it’s very possible to prevent heart disease with just a little work on your part. Be sure you cut tobacco and smoking out completely, engage in some form of regular exercise and create a delicious and healthy diet. Making these simple and easy changes will promote ideal heart health for years to come.