Few of us get enough greens in our daily diets because they can be hard to prepare and somewhat boring to eat. That problem is solved with this spinach and Greek Yogurt smoothie that adds berrie as well. This is a real mix of fruits and greens that is both delicious and healthy too.
For even more nutrition, throw a tablespoon of Chia seed into the mix as well. Chia seed offers a great deal of nutritional value including the important omega-3 fatty acids that help fight cholesterol. Even better, Chia doesn’t have a taste of its own so it can be added to this, and other, recipes without changing the tast results.
In your smoothie blender mix:
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries)
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced TIP: peel and freeze the banana BEFORE freezing!
- 1/2 cup of of frozen 100% juice concentrate*
- 1 cup of ice cubes, or cold chilled water
- 1 cup of plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp.Chia Seed