Providing healthy smoothies for the family is not as difficult as you might think. If you make this for your family one morning, we are sure you will be asked to make it again for breakfast! It is not only a refreshing breakfast smoothie, (and a great twist on a glass of orange juice) but it is one that will keep you satisfied all the way to lunch time.
The recipe also includes Chia seed as an optional ingredient. Adding Chia will make this healthy smoothie even healthier with a whole list of nutrition including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega-3 fatty acids. Chia has no taste of its own so adding it won’t change the delicious results of the recipe at all.
In your favorite smoothie blender mix:
– 1 cup of fresh baby spinach leaves
– 2 cups fresh orange juice-great with pulp
– 2 cups of low fat milk (or soy or 2%)
– 1 cup of frozen banana chips
– 1 cup of frozen strawberries
– 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
– 1 cup of Dannon Greek blueberry yogurt
– 1 Tablespoon Chia seed