When the hot days of summer come around, in place of ice cream as a treat have your kids help you whip up yummy Peach smoothies when you are ready to satisfy those afternoon sweet tooth cravings.
Its also easy to turn Peach smoothies into a nutrition powerhouse just by adding a tablespoon of Chia seed. Chia is a natural seed that adds a large measure of nutrition including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Even better, unlike Flax, Chia doesn’t have a taste of its own so adding it here won’t change the delicious “peachy” results.
In your favorite blender mix:
- 2 bananas cut in chunks or 1 and 1/2 cups of frozen banana slices
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of frozen peach slices
- 1 cup of low fat banana strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup of Dole’s chilled orange strawberry banana juice (or any other favorite)
- 1 Tbsp. Chia seed
Mix and pour into chilled glasses. This recipe will serve 3-4.