< -- google_ad_section_start -->Any one familiar with ice cream or frozen yogurt will tell you that the best selling flavor, by a lot, is vanilla. There are a lot of reasons why but the best is that people just like vanilla! So, if that describes you, here is a vanilla smoothie recipe that includes some mixed fruit for a light and refreshing treat for 3 or 4 people.
Its also easy to turn this Vanilla smoothie treat into a nutrition powerhouse just by adding a tablespoon of Chia seed. Chia is a natural seed that adds a large measure of nutrition including heart healthy, cholesterol fighting omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Even better, unlike
Flax, Chia doesn’t have a noticeable taste of its own so adding it here won’t change the delicious results.
In your favorite blender mix:
– 1 diced kiwi (peeled and cut in chunks)
– 1 mandarin orange or a or tangerine (peeled and cut in chunks)
– 1 cup strawberries
– 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced TIP: Peel and slice BEFORE freezing!
– ½ cup of milk (soy or 2%)
– 1 cup of low-fat vanilla yogurt
– 2 cups of vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt
– ½ tsp of vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp. Chia seed